Friday, April 7, 2017

SSS Mothers, Fathers, Florals Blog Hop

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog! I am happy to take part in the blog hop to celebrate the release of the new Simon Says Stamp Mothers, Fathers and Florals line.


Mothers, Fathers and Florals has lovely background stamp, clear stamps, dies, sequins and inks. You can see the full release here. I hope you will join us on the hop and there are of course prizes to win along the way. If you follow along the hop, you came here from the wonderful Nichol Spohr, and I am sure she had a great post for you.

I made two projects, an art journal page and a card, but all the techniques in this tutorial can be used on any type of project. 

Layers of ink - Forget me not journal page tutorial by Anna-Karin

The background stamps from Mothers, Fathers and Florals are so pretty and can be used for a lot of projects. Here I used the Star Flower to create my background. The pretty flowers were done with the Forget Me Not set. I will show you how to make them dimensional too.

I absolutely love Dina Wakley's new Media Journal and this is the second page I made in it (you can find the first one, called Scribble Sticks Tree here). The journal has four types of surfaces: cotton rag watercolor  paper, burlap, canvas and kraft. Here I worked on a watercolor page. The pages measures 7.25 x 10. I will also show you a bunch of ways in which you can use Dina's Scribble Sticks

Layers of ink - Forget me not journal page tutorial by Anna-Karin with Simon Says Stamp Mothers, Fathers and Florals

These are the Mothers, Fathers and Florals products that I used in my projects: Cora Background, Star Flower, Mom and Dad Icons, and Forget Me Not Flowers.

Layers of ink - Forget me not journal page tutorial by Anna-Karin

Start by white embossing the Star Flower three times on the background, two of them being partial impressions. Because the watercolor paper is cotton rag, it feels almost like fabric and the embossing sinks into it a little. This technique works just as well on ordinary watercolor paper, or on any paper that can handle a bit of water.

Layers of ink - Forget me not journal page tutorial by Anna-Karin with Dina Wakley and Ranger Scribble Sticks.

The Scribble Sticks are solid pigment sticks, like a coloured pencil, but as a solid crayon. Best of all, they are water-soluble like watercolour pencils. But they work great without water too, and are opaque then.

Layers of ink - Forget me not journal page tutorial by Anna-Karin

Scribble over the page with the Scribble Sticks. At this stage, the page doesn't look like much.

Layers of ink - Forget me not journal page tutorial by Anna-Karin

Use water and a paintbrush to turn the Sticks into watercolor, and to blend the colors.

Layers of ink - Forget me not journal page tutorial by Anna-Karin

It is easy to splatter with the Sticks. Make sure there is water at the tip of the stick and flick a paint brush against it, aiming at the paper. You get a different effect depending on if the background is dry or wet, the the latter case the splatters will blend with the wet paint, in the former, they will stand out more.

Layers of ink - Forget me not journal page tutorial by Anna-Karin

Pick up paint with a paint brush right from the Sticks and paint some details o the Star Flower

Layers of ink - Forget me not journal page tutorial by Anna-Karin


Layers of ink - Forget me not journal page tutorial by Anna-Karin

Apply a tiny amount of Distress Micro Glaze in the center and around the edges. This creates a resist effect.

Layers of ink - Forget me not journal page tutorial by Anna-Karin

Scribble on the flowers and then add water. I also splattered a little using the same color.

Layers of ink - Forget me not journal page tutorial by Anna-Karin

Die cut the leaves for the Forget Me Not flowers and a word from white SSS Glimmery Cardstock. I really like the shine of the SSS Glimmery Cardstock.

Layers of ink - Forget me not journal page tutorial by Anna-Karin

I try to avoid too many dimensional embellishments in my art journals, since that makes them bulky and harder to work in. That's why I glued down the flowers flat, but I will show you later how you can make them dimensional instead.

Layers of ink - Forget me not journal page tutorial by Anna-Karin

The star flower is so pretty and looks great in white.

Layers of ink - Forget me not journal page tutorial by Anna-Karin

I also used just a word from Mom and Dad Icons here and there.

Layers of ink - Forget me not journal page tutorial by Anna-Karin

The sentiment from Handlettered Encouragement was stamped with Jet Black ink. Here you can see the texture of the paper.

Layers of ink - Forget me not journal page tutorial by Anna-Karin

Because the embossing sinks into the paper a little, you get a less perfect resist effect, which I really liked. If you work on a smoother paper, you'll get a more crisp look from the white embossing.

Layers of ink - Forget me not journal page tutorial by Anna-Karin

Glue the word to the page and stamp a sentiment from Uplifting Thoughts underneath it. I love this sentiment set and use it all the time.

Layers of ink - Forget me not journal page tutorial by Anna-Karin in Dina Wakley Ranger Media Journal.

Here you can see the pretty binding of the Media Journal, and the lovely mix of surfaces.

Layers of ink - Vellum Mother's Day Card Tutorial by Anna-Karin

Next, I made a Mother's Day card for my Mom, using softer colors and a mix of vellum and watercolor paper. Here I made the Forget Me Not flower dimensional instead, giving them a different look, and I'll show you how easy it is to do that.

Layers of ink - Vellum Mother's Day Card Tutorial by Anna-Karin

Start by white embossing the lovely Cora Background on SSS vellum. I placed a metallic ruler along the edges and carefully tore them.

Layers of ink - Vellum Mother's Day Card Tutorial by Anna-Karin

You can color vellum in so many different ways, and here I used the Scribble Sticks, but without adding water. Then they work like colored pencils. Work on the back of the vellum and color some of the details. You don't need to worry about perfection, because mistakes won't really show on the front. 

Layers of ink - Vellum Mother's Day Card Tutorial by Anna-Karin

Turn it around to see the pretty soft coloring. You need to place the vellum on a light surface, unless you want a different look.

Layers of ink - Vellum Mother's Day Card Tutorial by Anna-Karin

Repeat the step above, by die cutting the flowers from watercolor paper and applying a tiny bit of Distress Micro Glaze to the centers. 

Layers of ink - Vellum Mother's Day Card Tutorial by Anna-Karin

Color the small ones pink and the big ones red, adding a little bit of pink to the red ones too. When dry, splatter with the Ruby Scribble Stick.

Layers of ink - Vellum Mother's Day Card Tutorial by Anna-Karin

When the flowers were dry, I used the Tonic Craft Tool set, which I just got, to shape them. The set has three ball embossing tools, a pair of tweezers and an embossing mat. It works great. Move the ball tools around on the flowers on top of the embossing mat. You can press quite hard, depending on the strength of the paper. Watercolor paper can handle a lot. I used the tweezers to bend down the edges of the petals.

Layers of ink - Vellum Mother's Day Card Tutorial by Anna-Karin

Layer the smaller flower inside the larger one and add a circle inside. I also added the tiny cut out dot since I thought it was a nice detail. The leaves were also die cut from watercolor paper and shaped with one of the ball tools. Adhere the flowers with foam dots for even more dimension.

Layers of ink - Vellum Mother's Day Card Tutorial by Anna-Karin

Sentiments and hearts from the Mom and Dad Icons set were stamped with Melon.

Layers of ink - Vellum Mother's Day Card Tutorial by Anna-Karin

I cut the inside of the 'o' out with a craft knife, but there are coordinating dies which will do the job for you. Adhere with foam dots, and glue a sentiment stamped on a banner on top.

Layers of ink - Vellum Mother's Day Card Tutorial by Anna-Karin

I also used some of Tim Holtz Bouquet flowers and colored them yellow with the Scribble Sticks, so that they coordinate perfectly with the yellow in the background.

Layers of ink - Vellum Mother's Day Card Tutorial by Anna-Karin

I am happy with the look of my vellum background. It was really long since I did the technique of coloring vellum at the back with crayons and it is such a fun and easy technique. 

Layers of ink - Vellum Mother's Day Card Tutorial by Anna-Karin

The Forget Me Not flowers look wonderful and are very versatile. You can make them in any color, and even layer more than two together. I also really like the look of the leaves.

I hope you will join us in celebrating Mothers, Fathers and Florals and don't miss all the inspiration along the hop. At every stop you can win a prize package worth over $25, if you leave a comment. Winners will be posted on the SSS blog on Tuesday.

Next stop on the blog is the very creative Heather Hoffman. If you get lost somewhere along the way, you can always head back to the start at the Simon Says Stamp Blog.

Below are all the stops along the hop:

Anna-Karin Evaldsson (you are here)




Thank you so much for stopping by here!

Have fun and happy stamping!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:




312 comments:

  1. I've never heard of scribble sticks before but they look super fun to use. Both your projects are gorgeous but I'm really drawn to your art journal page. Going to go and check out your link for the art journal itself - looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the deatailed description, I've never made a journal page, but I do want to try one day, also never used the scribble sticks, don't have them but they colors are amazing and so is the result

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent tutorial, Anna-Karin! I am always a fan of your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colours - I love the use of the background stamps on the vellum, with the addition of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to pull out my watercolour crayons, haven't used them in a while. Thanks for the inspirations. Your mom will love her card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the inspiration. Love the embossing on vellum with colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the info. Beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely adore your background and will be trying this technique soon ... thanks for the how to pics also !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really great design.
    natgodfrey4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, wow, wow! I feel like a broken record on my comments for this blog hop. The whole hop is amazing and your technique has inspired me to pull out my Tim Holtz crayons and try what you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got to try those scribble sticks. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the textures on your projects today! and your art journal.. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous projects, I love the watercolor effects! Awesome Release, Awesome Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the stamp and your color choices are fantastic! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your colors are great, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how the background stamp looks on vellum - and the coloring on the back technique is super cool - love the soft shading with the layers of the flowers. Very creative! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely background. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so lovely but techniques you used are so simple!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both projects are beautiful. I love your take on the new release.

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!! I love your card and the colors you chose. These scribble sticks are interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, never thought about trying this, great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful creations. The journal page is so pretty. The card is very beautiful with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, love the techniques you used!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love how you mixed in other stamp sets and techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pretty! Thanks for the info about scribble sticks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG!!! Love your gorgeous cards!!! Stunning backgrounds and colors!!! Thanks for sharing the tutorials!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What beautiful cards and wow, did you ever take a lot of time and effort for the wonderful tutorial. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful! I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your journaling page, these stamps make a perfect background!

    ReplyDelete
  30. prachtige creaties, Super mooi gemaakt. Je tutorial is ook geweldig!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful projects. I really like your art journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for using the scribble sticks. Wanted to see how they look on projects.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely. Those sticks look a lot like the cranon'd'arche water soluble sticks. Those are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous journal page and card for your mother! Lots of fun to see how to use the scribble sticks too.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Loving your art journal page!

    ReplyDelete
  36. wow you have a lot going on but it all comes together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  37. So much to take in! I was looking at CHA videos and was contemplating the scribble sticks. My curiosity is really peaked now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful - I'm looking into the scribble sticks!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love, love your cards! Thank you for showing how to use watercolor crayons!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful project and card. The colors you chose are amazing. The scribble sticks look interesting! I love anything that produces color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow! The journal page is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing all the techniques, going to have to check out the scribble sticks!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love the journal page. The new background stamps are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  43. love the stamping on vellum and coloring it with a scribble stick, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Beautiful, just beautiful! All the blog artists have done an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Very cool and inspiring! Beautiful work! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  46. So wonderfully done. I need to check out the coloring sticks. Thanks for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Your dimensional flowers are so lovely. I don't journal because I don't have time but I'll be using these ideas for cards soon. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  48. OMG your mixed media cards are amazing to see. Thanks for sharing your talents with us:)

    ReplyDelete
  49. LOve,love love it. Those media coloring sticks look awesome. Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love the colors on the journal page. Pretty card as well.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Fascinating techniques and products. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Love all of your projects. The first one is my favorite. I now need those scribble sticks

    ReplyDelete
  53. Oh my gosh these
    are gorgeous! Love
    the embossing and
    velum and colors.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  54. Wow, wow, and wow!! These are both just too
    stunning for words. Love these bold BG stamps.
    And the way you colored is just so fun & pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Your beautiful projects show the versatility of these gorgeous background stamps. Thanks for showing us yet another way of coloring these.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Your card and art journal page are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Impressive layout and card!! Love you used those beautiful items from the release!!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Thanks for sharing some inspiration! I just bought the Scribble Sticks a few days ago so I was excited to see you used them for your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  59. both projects are absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. All of this color is so fresh and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  61. wonderful projects!!! Thanks for sharing about the crayons and journal too:)

    ReplyDelete
  62. Gorgeous colors on the journal page. I like how you did partials of the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  63. beautiful. I love the turquoise and purple together

    ReplyDelete
  64. Love the color combination in the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Fantastic projects! Love the medium you used. Fantastic release from Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  66. So beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration and giveaways.

    ReplyDelete
  67. wow love your background and great work on all thank you for sharing your work with us

    ReplyDelete
  68. Love this mixed media project of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Wow! Fabulous projects today! Thanks for showing me the Scribble Sticks. They look like so much fun to use. One more thing to add to my huge wish list this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  70. Very creative and the colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  71. You must have had so much fun playing with this release. Time to de-stress and let the colors flow!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Amazing cards! Your colors and techniques are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Thanks so much for sharing how you've used these wonderful stamps and tools on two different kinds of projects! They are lovely on both and really help inspire me to want to make something beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Such fun techniques! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Interesting designs using the different mediums and sticks on the stamps.
    DebbieC

    ReplyDelete
  76. So vibrant and fun! Really like you designs.

    ReplyDelete
  77. OooOOOOooo! It is SO NICE to see a different medium being used! I LOVE what you've done on ALL of your pieces! JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  78. Very impressive cards. Thanks for the detailed tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  79. I've never seen those scribble sticks before. Those are awesome. You did a fantastic job on these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Thanks for sharing your technique, great tutorial. Your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  81. These are fabulous! I love the background stamps and the colors are lovely. I have never heard of scribble sticks but they look like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Gorgeous projects, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Scribble sticks are completely new to me, very cute! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  84. Great projects! Thanks for sharing the techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  85. There's so much drama in all your pieces that it's impossible to pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  86. Your projects are so beautiful. Thanks for all the great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  87. Nice cards and layout. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  88. Loved seeing how these products work. The scribble sticks look like fun! Very pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  89. Such pretty cards. Thanks for sharing the technique you used.

    ReplyDelete
  90. Such gorgeous colors! I love how you made your flowers...both on the card and the journal!

    ReplyDelete
  91. Your mixed media journal is stunning! So is your card. I like your tips on colouring with scribble sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  92. I love your card, they are like mixed media works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  93. Hello Anna-Karin, What a beautiful art page and so many comprehensive details on how you created the different looks! Thank you for all the helpful info!

    ReplyDelete
  94. Gah! these background stamps are gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  95. Oh So Pretty!! Thanks for teaching me about some new and different products!

    ReplyDelete
  96. Nice play with colours! Also! SSS "Forget me not" flowers are lovely =0

    ReplyDelete
  97. Pretty color combinations creating an ombre effect. The flowers on the second card make it look so special.

    ReplyDelete
  98. Stunning creations! I love the backgrounds and the scribble sticks look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  99. Beautiful! I have never seen these scribble sticks before. The finished result is so artsy! Love the colors you used. These background stamps are amazing! Great SSS release, can't wait to see all the talent and inspiration on this hop! Thanks as always for sharing yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  100. Thanks for sharing your beautiful inspiration. Enjoyed seeing your process and I am definitely trying the scribble sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  101. Beautiful projects!! Your art journal page is stunning! And your card is so pretty too. Great techniques, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  102. I love the journal page and the card for your Mom. You have convinced me I need that journal and some of these stamps and dies. Great tutorial as always!

    ReplyDelete
  103. Beautiful projects! Love how you did them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  104. I have wondered about the scribble sticks, so seeing the results with your great technique means I now know I need them!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  105. I love all the different techniques you used and can't wait to try some of them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  106. I especially love what you did with the dies and the distress glaze. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  107. I love your colouring on vellum - just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  108. Loving the flowers! And I'm wondering if the Micro Glaze is a new product. Ineed to check that out. Great projects here.

    ReplyDelete
  109. looks so good! right i vowed to buy all these background stamps once i get paid, you make them look so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  110. Love these mixed media cards!! Love all the different ways you can use this release, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  111. Anna-Karin, your art journal page is so pretty and just seeing the glimpse of the binding/pages inspires me to try more of it myself.
    Your Mom's card is beautiful and I am sure she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  112. Such pretty cards! I had never even heard of Scribble Sticks! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  113. This turned out to be very beautiful. I like how the embossing is kind of spotty. It's a nice look.

    ReplyDelete
  114. Your inspiration is so wonderful and so is this new release!!!

    ReplyDelete
  115. Love your bright, colorful projects. Have not seen the Scribble Sticks before. Thanks for the inspiration !

    ReplyDelete
  116. You have used these new products so well. I love all the different styles, and I love your overall message. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  117. Both are great but I really love the card, the way you colored and the colors you chose were so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  118. Love the Cora Background stamped on Vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  119. Beautiful journal page and card - thank for all the details of how your creative process. The Scribble Sticks look fun to use!

    ReplyDelete
  120. Your projects are just beautiful and really unique. I have never seen Scribble Sticks but they look like such a fun medium (yet another thing I need to buy :( ) Thanks for introducing me to some new products and new ways to approach my own work

    ReplyDelete
  121. oooo! really luv what you did with the art journal page!

    ReplyDelete
  122. Love the background on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  123. I've never heard of you before. The first project is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  124. Never heard of Scribble Sticks before, but I am about to purchase some now! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  125. Love the colors on the art journal page.. thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  126. Love all your techniques. Never seen scribble sticks but they look like fun. Like the way you used the embossed vellum with them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  127. I have never seen scribble sticks before. Thanks for sharing! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  128. Beautiful creations.Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  129. Beautiful work! Your art journal page is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  130. Love the mixed media and colors used!

    ReplyDelete
  131. Great cards - love the vellum card and how the colors became soft, thanks for the hint.

    ReplyDelete
  132. Wow! Those scribble sticks are awesome! Thank you for sharing your techniques and your creativity! Beautiful & so inspiring and now I want to try scribble sticks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  133. So beautiful. Thank you for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
  134. Wonderful creations! I need to try the scribble sticks!

    ReplyDelete
  135. Your use of several mediums inspires me to do the same...I am so restricted as it seems I have to be more spontaneous with products. Your creations are many layers and love this when making cards I am way oastvsatmp and color. However I do not own any background stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  136. Gorgeous! Those crayons look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  137. Wow. Both your projects are fantastic. It is great to see someone use the products on something other than cards. I loved your art journal page!
    cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  138. Fantastic projects! I love hat Star Flower stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  139. These are beautiful! I love both color combinations. Thanks for sharing your techniques :) I've never heard of those scribble sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  140. Pretty card! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  141. Can't pick a favourite! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  142. A new technique to me, but certainly worth trying, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  143. Enjoying this new release and blog hop. Your cards are great. I love the background stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  144. Wow...this is just lovely. I had never heard of Scribble Sticks, but now I want to play with them!

    ReplyDelete
  145. Thank you for sharing all your gorgeous 'art'.

    ReplyDelete
  146. Adorable!! Thank you for the step by step tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  147. this is so stunning, thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  148. Very cool. I haven't seen Scribble Sticks before.

    ReplyDelete
  149. Love the journal page! The message is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  150. Love your art journal! Everything is soooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  151. Beautiful cards with great colors and products!

    ReplyDelete
  152. Creative projects! Great ideas and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  153. Beautiful projects! I've never heard of scribble sticks, but I do have some watercolor crayons that I may need to pull out. Love the vibrant color in the journal and the really fun effect on the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  154. Your journal page is so inspiring. I really loved that you showed us step by step how you made it. I also loved the process of your mother's card. It's beautiful! Jil

    ReplyDelete
  155. Gorgeous! I love the artsy look you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  156. Oh.. So pretty... loved your cards.. The colouring like this is new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  157. The art journal is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  158. Such cool way of creating the background.

    ReplyDelete
  159. LOVE how you created your beautiful backgrounds! Your colors are so vibrant! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  160. The flowers are just so simple but gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  161. Love the vellum card and this new release from SSS.

    ReplyDelete
  162. So many great ideas and techniques in these two projects!!! Both are stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  163. Ok, I'm hooked! Turquoise to blue to purple: my all time favorite colors I will be instantly drawn to, so I call that a winner! I also occasionally go to the pink, orange, yellow range when I realize I am getting in a rut! Both of your projects are lovely. I need to see if I have some little leaf sprig dies: looks to me like a "must have" item. You have used them to create perfect little complementary elements in both projects. Thanks for a ton of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  164. I love both of these projects. Thanks for the step by step instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  165. Very pretty, I love all colours throughout your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  166. Scibbles sticks look like fun. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  167. I had never watched a video using Scribble Sticks,so this was very enlightening to me. I love your color choices on your journal page - they're gorgeous. Nice to know that this medium can also be used for something like coloring on vellum as well. Thanks for showing a different product.

    ReplyDelete
  168. Both card and art journal page is gorgeous. The scribble sticks look like fun. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  169. Pretty card and thanks for sharing the great technique

    ReplyDelete
  170. Beautiful projects! The Scribble Sticks look fun and the colors were fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  171. Beautiful! I've never seen those scribble sticks before! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  172. Awesome journal page! Love the colors. And the three dimensional flowers are the card are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  173. Beautiful journal page! I also love your card! These background stamps are so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  174. Pretty! Love your scribble stick techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  175. Gorgeous journal page! Your card is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  176. Stunning! Thanks for sharing your step by step photos!

    ReplyDelete
  177. Great how you use the doilies, or are the called mandela's now? Like this they realy pop and make the page so interesting!
    Think your mom will be pleased with the card; love how the velum looks after colouring! Have a sunny weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  178. Absolutely STUNNING art!
    Karen L
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!