Sunday, March 5, 2017

Walk on the Wild Side Journal Tutorial

Hello everyone! I just came back indoors from a little late afternoon excursion to a kind of ice camp that Anton built for himself. We had cookies and hot chocolate there. It was a big hit, sometimes the simplest things are the most memorable.

Today, I am happy to have a guest post on the Simon Says Stamp Store blog. It's a step-by-step tutorial.

Layers of ink - Walk on the Wild Side Journal Tutorial by Anna-Karin with Wild Africa stamps by Darkroom Door.

Here is a sneak peek of the art journaling page that I made, it features warm colours and a nature theme. For the page I used Darkroom Door's Wild Africa stamps, namely Wild Africa Vol. 2, Vol. 3 and African Trees. I love these beautiful stamps and they remind me of South Africa. The techniques in the tutorial work on any type of project and has to do with both Distress Paints, Distress Crayons and of course some stamping.

To see all the steps and close-ups, you'll have to head over to the Simon Says Stamp Store blog.

Thank you for stopping by today! I'll see you again tomorrow, with another art journaling page.

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

9 comments:

  1. I visited at Simon Says and I love what you made here. The addition of the circles was perfect too. Just love the whole composition! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much CaroleAnn! I often like to add a circle here and there. :)

      Delete
  2. I am in awe of this lovely art work Anna-K so beautiful and eye catching - love your colors and the background as well -= TFS at Simon Says - you can now send it to me LOL = kidding - just want you to know I think your art work is outstanding! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment Gail!! I am so happy to hear you liked the page.

      Delete
  3. Love this page...all the details added!!! Thank you for your sweet comment...hugs! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really awesome Anna-Karin. I have only just begun to enjoy art journalling and I am hooked! You have done a great job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw this one on SSS and think it is a beauty!!
    Pinned it for inspiration and reminder to make some "looser" work in my AJ's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this piece at SSS and had to come over and visit your blog. I was first drawn to the vibrant yellow tones. Then I read through every step of your tutorial and I was mesmerised at how your page came together. Thank you so much for sharing your art. I wouldn't be able to keep it in a journal, I'd want to hang it on the wall! Have a fantastic day :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!