Monday, January 11, 2016

Heart Butterfly Tag Tutorial

Hello again! Today I am also happy to share a tutorial on Ranger's blog, for a Valentine's tag. You'll find my Breathe Mixed Media Canvas tutorial for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge below this post.

Layers of ink - Heart Butterfly Tag Tutorial by Anna-Karin
I used a bunch of fun techniques on this tag, with Alcohol Ink, Perfect Pearls, embossing powder and Distress Paint. The tag really shimmers, which you can't see on this photo. Even though I made a Valentine's tag, you can use the techniques for any theme. At first, I only intended to give the heart wings, but once I placed the heart on top of the layered wings, I thought it looked like a butterfly, and added antennas with wire.

To see the full tutorial and lots of close-ups. you'll have to head over the Ranger's site.

Happy crafting!!

Anna-Karin

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag. I am trying out some of your techniques. I especially like the metal foil over grunge board. I tried it out with a metal tape (not Ranger product) and noticed that the Embossing ink lifted off the alcohol ink. I had to be careful to apply the ink with a tiny brush only to the area I wanted embossing powder. Normally, one could apply the ink, drop the embossing powder in small locations, apply heat, and wipe off excess ink. I found it lifted off the alcohol ink I had applied when I tried that. Just wanted to mention it in case anyone else finds that same situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh...so sparkly and romantic! Love the antenna on the heart.
    I shall have to go over and check out the techniques.
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!