Saturday, August 31, 2013

CSI case file #87

Hi everyone! Today I am sharing my layout for CSI:Color, Stories, Inspiration case file #87, still on the August travel theme.


And my layout:

CSI case file 87 - Layers of ink
 
I found this photo of my sister and me, having barbequed hot dogs over an open fire on an excursion or trip. This was and still is a very common thing to do on excursions and camps, and my journaling is about my memories from such camps. From the evidence list I used: map print, butterflies, arrows, flags, wave shapes (wavy labels, scallops), word stickers and rub-ons. The layout is about memories from a lot of different trips.
 
I used a page from an old map book, whitewashing it with gesso to tone it down a bit. Under the photo hides a fun surprise, a suitcase pop-up.
 
The butterflies were die cut three times from patterned paper and layered. Kraft-Core papers were embossed in three different folders, sanded and inked. Here I used the great Birds folder.
 
 I love the sentiment on this embossing folder, and placed it so that it was above the photo.
 
The three flags were die cut with the Flagpole w/Lantern & Sign, folded and glued to paper string. Two rub-ons were applied to the flags.
 
I used the brand new Carved Birds Vol. 2 from Darkroom Door, designed by my stamping friend Godelieve Tijskens. You might know that I love birds, and these are so cute. They were stamped with Archival Inks and cut out.
 
A lot of the camps took place in forests, often close to lakes, so pine trees fit well on the layout. Die cut from Core'dinations cardstock, sanded and inked. 
 
CSI case file 87 - Layers of ink
Karen Burniston's 3-D Suitcase pop-up is perfect for layouts with a travel theme. I die cut it from BasicGrey paper and used the coordinating Suitcase die to embellish the suitcase, it cuts a slightly smaller suitcase, a handle, corners, ribbon, and a little tag. I had a left-over Birds on a Wire die cut and used it here. The background was stamped with a tree, carved birds, circles and arrows.

I wanted my journaling to be inside the suitcase and stapled the suitcase to the pop-up, at the corners only and left enough space to tuck in a little tag book. The corners, handle and closure ribbon were die cut from sticky-back canvas. The corners hide the staples underneath. I also stamped the suitcase with a grid stamp.

A wavy label was die cut from wood paper and stamped with sentiment stamps. Love the little birds chatting to each other.

Thank you for looking! I hope you can join us this week!

Anna-Karin
 
Supplies:
Surfaces: Core'dinations Tim Holtz Kraft-Core and Distress ColorCore cardstock; Tim Holtz Idea-ology: French Industrial; BasicGrey: Capture paper pad; MME woodgrain; Heidi Swapp: Vintage Chic; Claudine Hellmuth Sticky-Back Canvas; old map print
Dies: Sizzix: 3-D Suitcase, Suitcase, Butterflies, Wavy Labels, Birds on a Wire, Flagpole w/Lantern & Sign, Tiny Tabs & Tags, Pine Tree, Mini Pine Tree & Holly
Embossing folders: Birds & Banners, Butterfly & Lattice, Bicycles
Stamps: Darkroom Door: Carved Birds Vol. 2; Hero Arts: My Words CL695, Stepping Stone Alphabet 330055, Windy Tree H4918, Remember AC028, Time AC029, Texture & Shape LP283, Basic Lowercase Letters LL188; Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Ultimate Grunge.
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black, Cornflower Blue, Rose Madder, Fern Green; Distress Ink: Gathered Twigs, Evergreen Bough, Pumice Stone
Medium: gesso
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Symphony tissue tape, Words Remnant Rubs, Elements Remnant Rubs, Chit Chat stickers, Paper string; Bazzill Family stickers

6 comments:

  1. Great page Anna-Karin! Looks like you have wonderful memories about these camps.
    I always love seeing your die-cutting and embossing, always matching!
    Good idea to add a piece of a map.
    It's fun to see the carved birds here too, in perfectly matching colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photo Anna ! The embossed bird bg looks nice and loved the use of map paper n the pop-up wonderful !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Älskar den här layouten och den lilla resväskan, så smart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had to come across to your blog to see the pop up suitcase...Fantastic.....your children will love to inherit your scrapbooks with the attention to detail and the wonderful stories about your childhood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of treats for the eyes on this layout. Love the suitcase pop up closure, the subtle embossing wow - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! As usual there is so much to see and take in and marvel at in your layouts, A-K! Love the styling of the suitcase and those cute bird stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!