Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Kiddies Craft: Pop-Up Easter card

Today I am sharing a pop-up Easter card I made together with my son. It is not the typical project I share on my blog, but we used some Sizzix dies and I thought it was a bit clever (and he loved it), so I thought I would share.

Since Anton is just three years old, I can't do very complicated projects with him. To make the bodies of the chickens we die cut all three sizes of Tim Holtz Sized Ovals, from yellow cardstock. I started hand-cutting a pop-up beak, but then suddenly got the idea of using Karen Burniston's Evergreen Tree pop-up die instead. I die cut just the top of the tree from orange cardstock and trimmed it a bit to only have the top piece, which formed a fun scalloped edge beak. Very easy.

I cut the arms, legs and crowns from cardstock, and we glued everything in place. Adhere one side of the pop-up chicken first, lining it up with the fold of the card, apply adhesive on the other side and fold the card over, so that it sticks.

I was happy to find these funny googly eyes in my stash.

The two smaller chickens were glued to the front of the card. My son loves my old Prima flowers (the ones in the glass bottles) and often walks around with flowers in his pockets. He glued the flowers down on the card where ever he wanted to. You could easily make this into a more complicated project, by using stamps, patterned papers, and techniques.

We made a second card as well, using the Mini Butterfly die. The butterflies ended up looking pretty funny with eyes on their wings.

Thank you for stopping by! I'll be back tomorrow with a vintage interactive mini-book tutorial.

Happy Crafting

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Dies: Sizzix: Sized Ovals, Evergreen Tree 3-D pop-up, Mini Butterflies
Flowers: Prima; unknown foam flowers
Googly eyes: Panduro

4 comments:

  1. He is a NATURAL! This project is fantastic! What a sweet mom you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute - this is a great kids craft! And cool how you used the Evergreen tree for the beak, awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cute - what a great joint card! Love the butterflies too, of course! Have a wonderful Easter with your family...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!