Saturday, February 16, 2013

CSI case file #59: Love

Hello! I am continuing this week's love theme on the blog today with my layout for CSI:Color, Stories, Inspiration. The other two love posts were my Blueprint Accordion Card and a Love ATC Box tutorial. Thank you for all the sweet comments I got on these two projects, I really appreciate it.

Here's this week's CSI case file:
And my layout:

As you can see, I was very inspired by the inspiration photo. From the evidence items I used: frame, distressing, bird, number, branch, flourishes, embossing. For the testimony, this is a love story, since I wrote the story of how my sister met her fiancee at the back of the layout.

I used Black Soot Core'dinations cardstock for the base and distressed the edges. The thin ledger paper was crumbled, white embossed with a love letter stamp and white embossed around the edges - which is very easy to do with Rangers Emboss-It dabber. I used a new Thinlits die to cut the flourish frame from pink cardstock, layering the pieces up so that they formed a continuous frame. It was dabbed with white paint.  

The birds were die cut from Black Soot Core'dinations cardstock, with the Love Birds die and sanded. I tucked to little hearts under the wings.

The two hearts were die cut with Eileen Hull's new Label & Heart die and sanded slightly.

The sentiment was cut from red Core'dinations using Karen Burniston's Love Set Sizzlits, I also cut it from white cardstock, using the coordinating pop-up die, which forms a perfect mat for the word, if you just cut out the parts connecting it to the pop-up. I also added a border with velvet hearts, black tinsel and lace.

Thank you for the visit! Enjoy you weekend!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Dies: Sizzix: Borders Thinlits, Heart & Label, Love Birds, Word Play, Love Set Sizzlits, Love Phrase, Brick Wall,
Stamps: Reprint Letter from Toscana
Surfaces: Core'dinations Tim Holtz distress Color-Core cardstock; Bazzill ledger paper
Ink: Ranger Emboss-It dabber; Versamark
Embossing powder: Ranger Seafoam White
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-olgy tinsel, Seasonal chitchat stickers; Panduro velvet heart ribbon; lace trim

1 comment:

  1. Wow ! A lovely layout ! I loved the flourish border ..the love birds and the letters too !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!