Sunday, January 6, 2013

Winter Cottage

Happy New Year!!! We are starting 2013 with a new challenge at Craft a Scene, Winter Cottages. I love seeing little cottages in a snowy landscape, so this was a great challenge theme for me. This month our sponsor is Delicious Doodles, and I used one of their images for my card:

I hardly ever use digital images, being more of a rubber stamp person, but I really like this lovely winter landscape. It was printed on glossy cardstock and coloured with dye inks, mainly light blues and greys, and red for the cottage. To frame the image, I stamped some Stampscapes branches at the corners. Highlights were added with a white gel pen.

The cardbase if dry embossed and sanded kraft-core cardstock and the white frame was die cut with Framelits.

I hope you'll join us this month and show us those wonderful winter cottages.

Thank you for stopping by!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Stamps: Delicious Doodles A Crofters Winter; Stampscapes: Leafless Limbs 052C, Crooked Limb 097E
Ink: Adirondack: Aqua, Slate, Pebble; Distress Ink: Barn Door, Pumice Stone, Stormy Sky; Jenni Bowlin Weather Vane; Archival Ink Jet Black
Die: Sizzix Framelits Rectangles
Embossing folder: Sizzix Dot-Matrix
Surfaces: Core'dinations Tim Holtz kraft-core cardstock; Kromekote glossy

4 comments:

  1. Anna-Karin, this is Gorgeous! I love how you have coloured it. I must try printing onto glossy card. A beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful - the icy colouring is absolutely perfect for a bleak midwinter scene, with the warmth of the walls and that fire inside as a wonderful contrast - lovely!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful image and fabulous colouring. Love the icy colours. Beautiful. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What soft and blend tone colors! Simply superb!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!