Monday, November 5, 2012

Inspiration Francais

This week our challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show is 'Inspiration Francais', so anything you can think of inspired by France and French. Fun! I had no idea what to do first, but then I started thinking about the three or four nights my family spent camping in France long ago, on our way to Spain. One of my memories from that trip were lavender flowers and how my mom loved looking at the lavender fields, and this tag was born:

First, I stamped the Moulin Rouge stamp with Archival Ink Jet Black. The background was inked lightly with Antique Linen and Pumice Stone. Then I stamped the great French Script stamp from the Tim Holtz Stamper's Anonymous French Marketplace set with Versamark ink and clear embossed it. The tag was inked with Victorian Velvet, Festive Berries and Dusty Concord. After inking, I placed the tag between two printer papers and ironed off the embossing powder. The edges of the tag were inked a bit more and I stamped it with a Paris postage stamp in Jet Black ink and the Fabulous Flourish in Dusty Concord. The tag was misted with Biscotti Perfect Pearls mist.

I dyed a crinkle ribbon with Dusty Concord and Barn Door, alternating them. The little tag was die cut from grungeboard with the Tiny Tabs & Tags die, painted black and sanded. I found a small Eiffel tower stamp in a Hero Arts set, stamped with Archival Jet Black and inked with Dusty Concord. 'Lavender' was stamped with alphabet stamps on a tattered banner.

I had fun making the stars of the tag, the lavender flowers. I thought Flower Soft would work perfectly for this. I added a thick layer of glue at the top of florist wires and sprinkled Lavender Flower Soft on top, carefully pressing to make sure they got stuck, but without flattening the flowers. I stuck them into a piece of polystyrene and left them to dry. The wires were coated in white paper and I used a Frayed Burlap Distress Marker to colour them. When they were dry, I shaped them a bit and tied them together with a piece of twine.

I hope you will join us this week! As always, our generous sponsor, Simon Says Stamp, gives a $50 gift voucher to one random (and lucky!) participant.  

12 comments:

  1. SO BEAUTIFUL! LOVE these colours together, and this tag has so many pretty elements to adore....I keep staring at it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna-Karin, gorgeous tag, wonderful rich colour palette. I absolutely love your addition of the Lavender, reminds me of the French lavender I had in a past garden. Beautiful design. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pragtig weer Anna-Karin... ek geniet elke keer weer van wat jy maak!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna Karin...Love your tag! The colors are really lovely. I don't have that Tim stamp (one of the few)...but you've really used it to perfection here. I also love the touch of lavender that you've added...both in color, word and actual little sprigs! Great idea! You always do such well thought out and beautiful work! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, Anna Karin! That is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love the beautiful touch of lavender on the front. The colors are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so beautiful! i love the combination of the red and purple :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tag and wonderful colors and elements!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh Anna-Karin, this tag is so beautiful! Love the red and the stamp of the Moulin Rouge! So cool and then that lavender touch! Amazing! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning tag, Anna-Karin! I also really love the lavender embellishment :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Completely stunning tag - the colour combination is so beautiful, the stamping is fab, and I love your lavender flowers!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, it is a while since you made this AMAZING tag. I only just saw on Pinterest & had to know more! Great flowersoft lavender. Ironing off embossing?? Not heard of this before, so clever! This is special not only because the colours & images are gorgeous. (a few more colour to order, lol), I used to live in Paris. Evokes great memories. Thank you :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!