Thursday, March 1, 2012

12 tags of the year – February

This year Tim Holtz is presenting a tag tutorial every month, this is my tag for February. I had finished it yesterday, but didn’t get a chance to post it. Here’s my tag:


I didn’t have the stamp and embossing folder that Tim used for his background, instead I stamped a grid background stamp repeatedly with white paint and then embossed with a grid folder. They don’t line up perfectly, but I liked the textured result. Cupid was white embossed on grungepaper, inked with Barn Door and then smeared with Distress Stickles. I don’t have the honeycomb paper, so I tried something different instead. Two hearts were die cut from grungeboard. Tissue tape was applied around the edge of the lower heart, just as Tim did. For the top heart, I coloured tissue paper with Distress Stain Fired Brick and then crumbled the paper in small pieces and glued to the heart. It was finished off with Rock Candy Stickles.

As teenagers, we often used to doodle hearts with an arrow going through them, so I glued a metallic arrow between the layers. I also thought it fit nicely with the stamped image and added two arrows at the bottom, both pointing toward the love ticket. The love ticket was white embossed on manila cardstock and sponged with Spun Sugar.

Two close-ups:




Thank you for stopping by!

Supplies: Tim Holtz Stamper’s Anonymous Love struck CMS082, Ultimate Grunge CMS075; Sizzix grid texture fade, Vintage lace Alterations die, Mini Hearts; Distress Ink: barn Door, Fired Brick, Festive Berries, Spun Sugar, Frayed Burlap; Distress Stain: Fired Brick; Picket Fence paint dabber; tissue tape; tissue paper; grungeboard and grungepaper; Tim Holtz arrows; lace trim; Ranger manila cardstock; pearls

2 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!