Saturday, January 28, 2012

Rolled Roses

Here's a second post for today, with my card for this week's Card Patterns sketch #150. Our sponsor this week is My Favorite Things. Here’s the sketch:


Here’s my interpretation of it:


I used the small rolled roses dies to cut 8 medium sized flowers from pink kraft core and 8 small ones from red craft core. I sanded them lightly, rolled them up and applied some white paint on the edges. Then I placed a little pool of glossy accents in each center and sprinkled with glass glitter. Finally, Rock Candy Stickles was smeared on the flowers. I glued them to a square piece of cardstock. Three patterned papers were used for the background. I really like the biggest one, it looks like old fashioned wallpaper. The scalloped border was cut from a fourth piece of paper. The lace trim was dyed with Victorian Velvet distress ink to match the pink flowers.

A close-up:



Thank you for stopping by! Check out the Card Patterns blog to see the cards of the rest of the DT.

Supplies: My Favorite Things Mini Rolled Roses and Open Scallop Border Die-namics; BasicGrey and Studio Calico patterned papers; Tim Holtz Core’dinations kraft core cardstock; Rock Candy Stickles; Victorian Velvet Distress Ink; Snow Cap paint dabber; chunky glass glitter; pearls; lace trim.

5 comments:

  1. That's a lot of rolling!! But well worth it, this is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna-Karin

    Oh this is so lovely I do love those roses and what you've done to them they look fab. I so enjoyed being the GD this week!

    Take care

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mooi en lief gemaakt. Mooie rozen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pragtig, dit moes 'n hele ruk gevat het om al daardie blommetjies te maak!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing display of rolled roses, Anna-Karin! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!