Friday, October 7, 2011

Autumn is the second spring

Today I have two cards to share for Stamptoberfest (SOF) challenges, at the Stamping Board on Two Peas. The first card is for Jan’s SOF11 Beautiful Leaves challenge (to combine alcohol ink and leaves). I was inspired by Anne’s recent card to drip alcohol inks on glossy cardstock. Here's my card:



I used using yellow, orange and red shades of alcohol ink. The leaves were stamped on top and I also gold embossed some script. I love the sentiment I used on the card, but couldn’t decide where to place it, finally I left it in the middle of the focal panel. Normally, I would have placed it somewhere else, but I thought it looked best in the middle. The background was embossed and sanded.

Supplies: Hero Arts Real Leaves LL684; Stampscapes sentiment stamp; Alcohol ink: Butterscotch, Sunshine Yellow, Sunset Orange, Red Pepper, Peach Bellini; Spellbinders label die; Core’dinations Wild Honey cardstock; Kaisercraft rhinestones.


The second card, 'Grunge village' is pretty different from the first one and is for a Stamptoberfest to do masculine cards. I wanted to try using a doily, but I am not sure how it worked out. Most pieces on this card were in my scrap box.



The village was die cut from grungepaper, coloured with Distress Inks, covered with Glossy Accents and sprinkled with a bit of glitter. The bird was a leftover from another project (double stamping with Stormy Sky and Brushed Corduroy). The brackets were coloured with Bundled Sage. The background was watercoloured and stamped with Distress Inks (Tumbled Glass and Pumice Stone). The cardstock right behind the village was painted with gesso and then with a mix of gold Perfect Pearls and water. The doily was misted with the same mix (just adding more water).

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend!

Supplies: Tim Holtz Stamper’s Anonymous bird stamp; Hero Arts Stripes CG118, sentiment; Tim Holtz Sizzix die; 7Gypsies chipboard; gold Perfect Pearls; Distress Ink: Tumbled Glass, Pumice Stone, Stormy Sky, Brushed Corduroy; doily.

2 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!